The Name Says It All
July 19, 2007
Ok, this isn’t a new recipe. In fact I’ve probably made these a dozen times. But when I decided to bake my favorite chocolate chip cookies tonight, I realized they aren’t in my blog! Well now they are. These truly are the only chocolate chip cookies that I have been able to make successfully every single time I make them. The name describes them perfectly!
Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
* I bake mine at 350 for 15-17 min. I found at 325 it took at least 20-22 min. Also I only use a cup and a half chocolate chips.
Original Source: All Recipes